Bagnalls recently completed the external redecoration programme to Turneys Court in Nottingham, formerly a Leather Works, and now converted into residential dwellings. The red-brick building, situated on the north side of the River Trent, was built in 1861 as a tannery for Turney Brothers Limited.
Working for the Managing Agent, Bagnalls were required to repaint all external woodwork, metalwork and masonry to a Johnstones’ specification. The building remained fully occupied throughout the duration of the works, so careful planning ensured that residents could safely access and exit the building at all times, as well as ensuring that the Bagnalls team minimised any noise caused by the works. Access was difficult requiring mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPS) for two of the elevations and full scaffold for the front and rear elevations. To ensure the safety of all, pavement licenses were also applied for in order to access the London Road elevation, a busy bus route. The works were completed to the full satisfaction of the residents, on time and within budget.