Many universities, schools and colleges are looking at transforming their environments through the use of colour. Working with our supply chain partners, Dulux, Crown and PPG Johnstones – Bagnalls can offer the technical and colour expertise required to specify an ideal palette. A great deal of research has been undertaken to understand the effect colour has on learning environments. Colour can dramatically impact the look and feel of a room so it is essential that the correct colours are chosen to influence the atmosphere. Bright yellows can spark creativity whilst red can help stimulate lively debate.
We work with the educational site management teams to:
- Optimise delivery of our services during holiday periods
- Dedicating a site team of painters for measured term contracts and partnerships
- Meeting tight time schedules by offering flexible working solutions
- Minimising disruption to academic staff, students and the general public.
- Cordoning off work areas to create safe areas of work
- Ensuring safe access and egress at all times
Watch a video of a school project we completed using Dulux paints.
Safety is another key element for large educational establishments. Communal corridors and stairwells can be coated with flame retardant products such as Crown’s Trade Timonox range, which acts as a first line of defence against the spread of flame.