Our leadership in health and safety management has also extended into the area of environmental management and sustainability. We work closely with customers to review working practices so that we can reduce any environmental impacts caused by our activities.
We have achieved ISO 14001 recognition for our environmental management system with best practice being implemented across the Group of companies. All employees are trained in environmental awareness and adopt practices which reduce our waste and carbon footprint, reuse materials where possible and recycle any end products produced through office and site based activities.
We work with both customers and our supply chain to review changes in specification which can have environmental benefits, extend maintenance life cycles or reduce the environmental impact of maintenance painting works. Changes made are introduced to have long term sustainable benefits for the communities in which we work.
Our “Painting a Greener Future” initiatives include:
- Recycling residual paint and solvents
- Recycling cans and containers
- Reducing carbon emissions and carbon footprint by improved vehicle journey planning using GPS/vehicle tracking technology
- Implementing solutions to extend the term of cyclical maintenance programmes
- Embracing and promoting new paint products which offer environmental benefits
- Supporting manufacturer developments that reduce VOC (volatile organic compound) levels in paint.
- Working with the local communities, charities and customers to reuse paint and resources through our Community Paintbrush Scheme.